Don't Be Afraid to Ask Questions
1. What is the company's reputation.
2. What am I paying for?
3. Am I getting a real preventive maintenance program, or just high priced filter changes?
4. Are the cleanings and checks done by a CFC certified (required by law to handle refrigerant) and qualified technician who knows what they are doing and takes pride in their work, or an inexperienced and unqualified person trying to make their 40 hours for the week at your expense?
5. Are the preventive maintenance checks I am paying for being done?
6. Does the company comply with state and local codes?
7. Does the company have continual formal training for their technicians to assure you have the best quality service?
8. If anything goes wrong, does the company have adequate insurance to cover your losses?
9. Will the company stand behind their work?
10. Ask the company how long they have been in business. Common sense says that older, more established companies will have a better record or customer satisfaction.
11. Is the company properly licensed? Only licensed HVAC contractors can legally purchase the refrigerant needed for air conditioners and heat pumps.
12. Is the company financially responsible?
13. Does the company drug test and background screen all of its employees to assure the stability of its employees?